1773 – ActivCast and Screen Share comparison
ActivConnect OPS G
ActivPanel Elements Series
Does Screen Share replace ActivCast?
Screen Share does not replace ActivCast. ActivCast and Screen Share have different functionalities.
Both are accessible on the ActivPanel Elements Series from the Locker, and ActivCast is also available from the Unified Menu.
Why was Screen Share created in addition to ActivCast?
Screen Share was designed to simplify the way users can connect their devices to the ActivPanel and to introduce the Touchback feature.
What are the key differences between ActivCast and Screen Share?
- AirPlay is not supported on Screen Share.
- Screen Share supports Touchback (on Mac and Windows only).
- Screen Share features a new Waiting Room where up to 39 devices can be connected. With ActivCast, a maximum of four devices can be connected at one time.
- Screen Share gives the teacher more control over which devices are allowed to share their screen.
- With Screen Share, the only connection type is through a 6-digit Panel ID. This means that an Internet connection is required to connect a device to the ActivPanel Elements Series.
When would I want to use ActivCast over Screen Share?
- You prefer to connect with AirPlay.
- You have no Internet access (as Screen Share requires an Internet connection during the Discovery phase).
Can I use both ActivCast and Screen Share on the ActivPanel Elements Series?
Yes, both ActivCast and Screen Share can be used. However, only one of the apps can be displayed on the ActivPanel at a time.
Screen Share does not currently support AirPlay so if you would prefer to use AirPlay, you can continue to use ActivCast.