1711 – How to perform a hardware reset on an ActivConnect OPS-G
ActivConnect OPS G
In some cases, it is not possible to factory reset an ActivConnect OPS-G from the user interface. This can be due to a forgotten PIN code or a software issue that prevents you from accessing the factory reset setting.
To perform a factory reset from the user interface, please read article 1546.
In instances where a PIN code is set, you may be able to regain access to the device by creating a new user account. This will only be possible if the option Add users when device is locked has been previously checked in the Users section of the Settings menu. If so, swipe down from the top at the lock screen, press the blue Users circle and select Add User.
If you cannot regain access to the ActivConnect OPS-G, you can perform a hardware reset.
NB: This process will clear all data on the device.
First, download the required image from the links below to your computer.
- If you have a newly-installed ActivConnect OPS-G, or you have not installed Google Services on your device, download this file.
- If you have installed Google Services on your device, download this file.
Transfer the file to the root of a FAT32 formatted USB drive. To format your USB drive, use the Disk Management tool (Windows) or Disk Utility (Mac).
Now, follow the instructions in the below order to perform the hardware reset.
- Connect the ActivConnect OPS-G to an ActivPanel.
- Turn on the ActivPanel and select the OPS as the source.
- Ensure that the OPS is outputting an image.
- Turn off the ActivConnect OPS-G by pressing and holding the ActivConnect OPS-G power button until the Power LED turns solid red.
- Connect the USB drive to any USB port on the ActivConnect OPS-G.
- Push and hold the reset button on the ActivConnect OPS-G with a small implement such as a paper clip.
- Whilst holding the reset button down, turn the ActivConnect OPS-G on with the power button.
- Still holding the reset button down, wait for the blue Promethean screen to appear.
- Once the blue screen appears, release the implement from the reset button.
- The ActivConnect OPS-G will now take around 10 minutes to re-image.