1539 – How do I set up my ActivConnect G with an ActivPanel?
Installation and Setup
Please refer the videos and Installation Guides available to install your ActivPanel.
Install the ActivConnect G bracket onto the back of the ActivPanel. To check which version of ActivPanel you are using, please refer to article 1477.
- For ActivPanel 5 70″ customers, the ActivConnect G should be mounted using the bracket found in the ActivConnect G box. This should be mounted in the top left-hand corner on the back of the ActivPanel.
- For ActivPanel 5 75″ and 86″ customers, the ActivConnect G should be mounted using the bracket found in the ActivConnect G box. This should be mounted in the top left-hand corner on the back of the ActivPanel.
- For ActivPanel 4.5 customers, the ActivConnect G should be mounted using the bracket found in the ActivConnect G box. This should be mounted in the top right-hand corner on the back of the ActivPanel.
- For ActivPanel 4 customers, the ActivConnect G should be mounted using the bracket found in the ActivPanel box. You will need to remove the OPS rails from the bottom-centre on the back of the ActivPanel 4 and then mount the bracket. (Please note, in some instances this bracket will be pre-installed).
Connect the power cable (DC 5V), USB (not USB/OTG), HDMI and Ethernet cables to the ActivConnect G and place it in the mounting bracket ensuring the connection plates are accessible.
- If using an ActivPanel 5, connect the USB cable to TOUCH 3 and the HDMI cable to HDMI 3.
- If using an ActivPanel 4.5, connect the USB cable to TOUCH 2 and the HDMI cable to HDMI 3.
- If using an ActivPanel 4, ensure the HDMI and USB cables are connected to matching ports, e.g. HDMI 4 and TOUCH 4.
Power on the ActivPanel and select the correct source (e.g. HDMI 3) with the ActivPanel remote, if the ActivConnect G screen is not displayed.
If you want to connect the ActivConnect G to a wireless network, please follow the instructions in article 1538.
If prompted, update the ActivConnect G software. If you leave this screen, the software update will run in the background and the device will reboot itself when the update is complete.
Both the sender (student devices) and the receiver (ActivConnect G) need to be connected to the same subnet.
ActivCast is an application that allows Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Chrome OS devices to mirror their screens on an ActivCast receiver. This is pre-installed on your ActivConnect G.
AirPlay is Apple’s protocol for mirroring devices. AirPlay exists natively on Mac and iOS devices, additionally, Windows, Android and Chrome OS devices can work as an AirPlay sender by using the free ActivCast app. ActivCast receivers can discover senders in four ways:
- By name
- By QR code (Note: use the QR reader in the ActivCast app)
- By Connection ID
- By IP address
Discovery by name is dependent on the Bonjour service. If this is blocked, names of available receivers will not populate.
Discovery by QR code, Connection ID and IP address are not dependent on the Bonjour service.
The Connection ID method requires access to Promethean’s cloud server, as the ID creates a database entry on the server.
Discovery by IP address is a direct connection.
Follow the instructions in article 1532 to mirror your particular device.
Please consult article 1715 if your network uses a firewall.
Using the ActivConnect G User Interface
To familiarise yourself with the layout, menus and features you can tap the help icon or use article 1565.