1162 – Why does my ActivBoard lose calibration?
ActivBoard 300 Pro
ActivBoard 300 Standard
ActivBoard 500 Pro
1st Generation ActivBoard
2nd Generation ActivBoard
If you are able to successfully calibrate your ActivBoard but calibration is lost over time, please follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
1. Ensure you are logged into the computer as an administrator and calibrate the ActivBoard. This will ensure that calibration settings are stored on the computer for all users.
2. Update your ActivDriver to the latest version. Please refer to article 1012 for further details.
3. Calibrate the ActivBoard using the Precision option. Please see article 1046 for further details.
4. Test the ActivBoard with a different ActivPen or ActivWand.
5. Connect the ActivBoard to another computer using an alternative USB or serial cable.
6. Ensure that the projected image is stable and does not overfill the ActivBoard surface or marked active area. If the projector is not secured tightly on the ActivBoard system, or if the image is too large, calibration will be inaccurate. Please contact your system installer if the image is not correctly aligned.
7. Remove any extension cables and USB boosters that are connected to your system and recalibrate the ActivBoard.
8. Check the firmware version of your ActivBoard and upgrade if an update is available. Click the relevant link for your ActivBoard from the list below.
- ActivBoard 6/10 Touch
- 500 series ActivBoards
- 100 and 300 series ActivBoards
- 2nd Generation ActivBoards using USB connection
- 1st and 2nd Generation ActivBoards using serial connection
ActivBoard 2 Touch users should contact Promethean Technical Customer Support to for firmware upgrade instructions.
9. Locate the USB or serial cable behind the ActivBoard and connect it directly to the computer, bypassing any connection panels or wallboxes.
Should you continue to lose calibration after following these steps, please contact Promethean Technical Customer Support with your ActivBoard serial number for assistance.