Cleaning the projector to remove dust and grime will help ensure trouble-free operation.
Cleaning the Projector Mirror
- Remove dust with a bellows or lens blower, readily available from camera shops to prevent scratching the mirror when subsequently wiped.
- Gently wipe with a lens cleaning cloth or alternatively, use a lens cleaning tissue in conjunction with a small amount of lens cleaning fluid.
- Always turn the projector off and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes prior to cleaning.
- Never touch the projector mirror or lens directly by hand.
- Do not use hard fibre cloths.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, solvents or other harsh chemical cleaners.
Cleaning the Projector Case
- Wipe off dust with a clean, dampened cloth.
- Moisten the cloth with warm water and mild detergent (such as used to wash dishes), and then wipe the case.
- Rinse all detergent from the cloth and wipe the projector again.
To prevent discolouration or fading of the case, do not use abrasive alcohol-based cleaners.
- Be sure to turn off and unplug the projector at least 30 minutes before cleaning. Failure to do so could result in a severe burn.
- Use only a dampened cloth when cleaning. Do not allow water to enter the ventilation openings on the projector.
- If a little water gets into the projector interior while cleaning, leave unplugged in a well-ventilated room for several hours before using.
- If a lot of water gets into the projector interior when cleaning, have the projector serviced.