- Turn the projector on 5 minutes prior to intended use.
- Turn the projector to Standby when not using it for a period of time greater than 30 minutes. Note: the Blank function is not the same as Standby and should not be used for extended periods of time.
- After turning the projector to standby, never turn it back on immediately; you should wait approximately 30 minutes.
- Always power the projector off with the remote control provided; never use the wall switch.
- Remove dust accumulation around the ventilation grills on a regular basis.*
- Be sure to turn off and unplug the projector at least 30 minutes before cleaning. Failure to do so could result in a severe burn.
- Use only a dampened cloth when cleaning. Do not allow water to enter the ventilation openings on the projector.
- If a little water gets into the projector interior while cleaning, leave unplugged in a well-ventilated room for several hours before using.
- If a lot of water gets into the projector interior when cleaning, have the projector serviced.
Cleaning the Case:
- Wipe off dust with a clean dampened cloth.
- Moisten the cloth with warm water and mild detergent (such as used to wash dishes), and then wipe the case.
- Rinse all detergent from the cloth and wipe the projector again.
Cleaning the Lens:
You can purchase optic lens cleaner from most camera stores. Refer to the following to clean the projector lens.
- Apply a little optic lens cleaner to a clean soft cloth. (Do not apply the cleaner directly to the lens).
- Lightly wipe the lens in a circular motion.
To prevent discolouration or fading of the case, do not use abrasive alcohol-based cleaners.
EST-P1 and UST Mirror Cleaning
See article 1297.
This article does not replace the Owner's Manual supplied with your projector. For detailed instructions on the use and care of your projector please read the Owner's Manual.
* Faults caused as a result of poor maintenance e.g. dust contamination will not be covered by the Promethean Warranty. Please consult the Terms and Conditions for further details.