1740 – How to use custom executable programs with ActivPanel Elements Series
ActivPanel Elements Series
Promethean includes an open-source DOS emulator to enable you to run pre-built or custom developed executable programs (.exe and .COM) directly on your ActivPanel Elements Series.
How to use the emulator
- Copy all the pre-built or custom-built executable application files to an external storage device, such as a USB drive.
- Connect this external storage device to your ActivPanel Elements Series using an available public USB port. Refer to the Quick Install Guide for more information on ActivPanel Elements Series USB port types.
- Copy all application files from the external storage device to the Download folder in your ActivPanel’s local storage. Alternatively, use the built-in web browser to download the application files directly from a trusted online library, and then save to your ActivPanel’s local storage.
- After all application files have been copied or downloaded, open the Unified Menu and tap on the Locker icon on the dock to display your apps.
- Tap on the FreeBox app icon to launch the emulator.
- Once launched, follow the on-screen instructions to load and execute the desired pre-built or custom-built executable program available on the local storage of your ActivPanel Elements Series.
NB: Type INTRO at the C:> prompt to review a short introductory tutorial on how to use the emulator.
Additional information on how to use the emulator can be found in this FAQ.