1380 – How to uninstall ActivStudio or ActivPrimary on Mac
To completely remove ActivStudio or ActivPrimary from your Mac, open the folder Applications/Promethean/ActivStudio (or ActivPrimary)
Run the Activuninstall application.
If you need to uninstall manually, please follow the steps below; likewise if you want to delete any files the Activuninstall application may leave behind, check for the files below:
- Open the folder Applications/Promethean
- Delete the folder for the software you want remove (ActivStudio or ActivPrimary)
- Open the folder Library/Preferences
- Delete the Promethean and ActivStudio or ActivPrimary software folders
- Open the folder Users/[username]/Library/Preferences
- Delete all com.prometheanworld… .plist files along with the AVDoctor.plist file
- Open the folder By Host
- Delete all com.prometheanworld… .plist files.
- Open the folder Users/[username]/Library/Application Support
- Delete the Activsoftware and Promethean folders
- Open the folder Users/[username]/Documents/Promethean/ActivStudio or ActivPrimary
- Delete all .lay and .plist files (if you want to remove the personal resource library, simply delete the entire folder)
- Open the folder Users/Shared
- Delete the ActivStudio or ActivPrimary software folder
- Open the Promethean folder
- Delete the Device registration folder (in order to remove the shared resource library, delete the folder for the appropriate application as well)
Since December 2011 we no longer provide support for ActivPrimary or ActivStudio.